Lathom Park CE School is a small rural church school that serves the local and wider community. We accept children from as far away as Southport, Newburgh and Skelmersdale. Some of our children are from the immediate locality, but we have many children from farther afield.
The original building was built in 1881 but has older origins which provided the educational needs of the community of Lathom . Our aim is to fulfil a valuable role in the local community engendering a strong community spirit
The school is in a tranquil rural setting, surrounded by farmland. We have the benefit of an extensive playing field, used by the children for a variety of organised games as well as at break times, especially during the spring and summer terms. In addition, the grounds are being developed to include a Forest School and a play area suitable for all children.
The main building is of the original brick, retaining many original Victorian features such as arched windows and doors. However modern additions have brought the school into the 21st century and the school environment is bright, cheerful and secure. Disabled facilities mean we can now fully integrate any child or adult with additional needs. A visit to the school is essential to appreciate it to the full.